Toddler Mania Challenge (Sims 4)
One Caregiver raises 6 Toddlers, with a second Sim to provide financial support (difficulty level = medium). The challenge was created by EuphorialQueen on the Sims site (original forum post here). Many thanks to EuphorialQueen and the players who attempted the challenge before me for inspiring me to give it a try. Additional tips are available on EQ’s original post.
- 😎 The challenge succeeds when all 6 toddlers age up to children. (See degrees of difficulty, below.)
- Secondary goal: Master all toddler skills
- Bonus goal: Complete Family Aspiration
- 😥 The challenge fails when any toddler gets taken away from the household or anyone dies.
- Home and household:
- At least one stay-at-home parent
- Starter home with minimal essential furnishings
- Kitchen, bedroom, bathroom with tub to bathe toddlers
- Toddler bed, books, toys, potty and high chair
- Create household:
- Start by creating at least one Young Adult in CAS with any chosen looks, traits and Aspiration.
- The primary Sim can be Male or Female and any type (Regular, Alien, Vampire).
- The sole job will be primary caregiver for the Toddlers. He/she may not have a job outside the home.
- Money can be raised by Painting, Writing, Crafting, Gardening or Collecting in the local area.
- Toddlers can be created in CAS or adopted in game.
- Household options:
- A second Young Adult/Adult can be created in CAS or added later by asking to move in or by marriage.
- This additional sim will be allowed to have a career if you choose.
- Nanny can be used if finances allow.
- Butler can be used if finances allow.
- Additional game play rules:
- Toddler lifespan is 7 days
- Aging is ON
- Youth Potion is allowed
- Moodlet Solver is your friend
- Full Autonomy
- No needs cheats
Degrees of Difficulty:
- Hard, aka “Total Insanity” – Start with one Caregiver and 7 Toddlers. Caregiver cannot work outside of the home. Train up all 7 Toddlers to learn all Toddler skills.
- Note: Hard mode may not be possible and could lead Caregiver (and player) to run from room screaming and pulling out hair. Just go quietly with those people in the white coats for a nice rest. 😉
- Medium – One Caregiver and 6 Toddlers with a second Sim to provide financial support. Train up all Toddlers to learn all Toddler skills.
- Easy – One Caregiver and at least 2 Toddlers. A second Sim can be added for financial support. Add more Toddlers by adopting or having your own.
How did you do?
- ❤ Ultimate Supreme Caregiver – Raise at least 7 Top-Notch Toddlers (All Level 5 Toddler Skills when aging up to Child)
- Top-Notch Toddler (Reward Trait – Child) – This Sim got such a strong jump on skills as a toddler, they improve all other skills extra fast.
- 🙂 Model Caregiver – Raise at least 7 Happy Toddlers (All Level 3 Toddler Skills when aging up to Child)
- Happy Toddler (Reward Trait – Child) – This Sim got a good jump on skills as a toddler. This helps them gain all skills a bit faster.
- 😦 Certified (or is it certifiable?) Caregiver – Everyone lives to tell the tale